At ST GARAGE we can replace most exhaust parts the same day. Our exhausts are competitively priced and come with a 2 year guarantee!
Exhausts have four main purposes: Control noise, direct fumes, improve engine performance and improve fuel consumption.
On the majority of vehicles the exhaust system is made up of several sections. All of these components work together, to divert noxious fumes safely away from the engine and your passengers. It is therefore important to check that your exhaust is functioning correctly.
The components that make up the exhaust system
- Engine & Manifold - Exhaust Manifold takes the poisonous gases away from the engine and pushes them down through the exhaust
- Catalytic Converter - Reduces the number of pollutant gases that are expelled from the car by turning them into carbon dioxide and water - if this part of the exhaust is damaged then your car will be emitting pollutant and toxic fumes into the atmosphere.
- Silencer or Muffler - this part contains a simple set of tubes that reflect sound waves produced by the engine. It's not until you hear a car with a damaged silencer that you realise how important they are.
Does my exhaust need replacing?
If you notice any of the below symptoms, visit ST GARAGE for a free exhaust check as soon as possible. Delaying an exhaust repair can result in damage to other components on the car or damage to the engine itself.
- Can you hear a deep or loud rumbling sound coming from your vehicle?
- Rattling or hissing sounds are a good indication that your exhaust system needs attention.
- If the performance of your vehicle changes upon start up, then there may be a problem with the catalytic converter.
- Loss of power when driving, or increased vibrations when driving also suggest there may be a fault with your exhaust.
- If your exhaust is leaking then the engine will have to work harder. This usually becomes evident If you are using noticeably more fuel.
If your vehicle is suffering with exhaust problems, it is rare that the whole system will require replacement. At ST GARAGE, our technicians will carry out a free exhaust check with the promise that no unnecessary work will be undertaken.